The Australian government is going after online shoppers again, with a new tax that will effectively double the price of some of your favourite goods.
That’s right. Less than a year after they voted for a 10% tax on small-value imports bought online, the bureaucrats in Canberra now want to dip their sweaty palms even deeper into our pockets, according to a new paper leaked to Fairfax media.
The new tax will:
- Impact over 90% of deliveries entering Australia.
- Likely trigger retaliatory tariffs from our trading partners, undoing hard-won trade agreements and driving prices up even further.
- Do nothing to make locally produced goods cheaper or more competitive.
- Only add to existing problems of low real wages growth and rising costs of living.
- Fund continued reckless spending and waste that has seen Australia’s public debt balloon to over $500 billion dollars, or $40,000 for each Aussie household.
Make no mistake, the new parcel tax is a cash grab from working Australians already struggling under one of the developed world’s highest tax burdens.
Australian families deserve to keep and enjoy more of what they earn. Not less!
Support our campaign by contacting your local representative to tell them that enough is enough!